We hope you can join us for a discussion with one of the most influential leaders in the movement for transgender equality in America. The evening will focus on issues of gender identity that affect our daily lives; including the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), Social Security gender-record matching, the Real ID Act, and other issues that create barriers for gender access and equity.
Town Hall Meeting on Transgender Rights with Mara Kiesling
- Monday, March 31, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Room 25, Mondale Hall, Law School
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus
- 229 19th Ave South, Minneapolis MN 55455
- Reception to follow in Auerbach Commons at the Law School.
Mara will share the inside story of what really happened in the recent Congressional battle regarding ENDA, and how United ENDA was able to create the one of the most amazing advocacy campaigns in LGBT history. Most importantly, Mara will discuss what the National Center for Transgender Equality is doing nationally for transgender rights, and what we can all do at a local level.